Saturday, June 19, 2010

Finally, sanity is slowly returning.

During the fifteen months while my husband was away from home for this most recent deployment, the toll on my daughter and I was indescribable.

Besides the fact my husband was away for so long, I had to deal with a few "uppers" in the military who made it very clear women should remain at home, not work, not drive, etc.  Yes, sadly there are still people who think this way.

Luckily, I received help from my civvy friends and community; my wonderful co-workers (they put up with a lot of crap during the 15 months!), neighbours (thank you thank you!), and community associations.  I received WAY more support from my civilian community than the military. 

I feel like I'm recovering somehow - I'm not sure exactly what from, but I do know part of my recovery is to stay clear away from the military and to never ever ask them for help. 

Big sigh of relief and I realize I'm ready to move on to my regularly scheduled life.  Thank God for my little community and the great people within.

No comments:

Post a Comment